We are excited to announce that a new addition and renovation project is in progress at Padua Franciscan High School. There will be an expanded lobby added to the front entrance of the school. Several rooms will be renovated: the General Offices, the Bruin Shop and the Athletic Office. This project will increase the safety and security of the school, as well as provide for a more comfortable and spacious lobby area. This new project does not come without a few temporary inconveniences.
- Parking in front of the Padua building – Many of the parking spaces will be taken up by construction equipment and activity. Anyone having a parking space in the front of the school will be re-located either to the back parking lots or to the St. Anthony parking lot. Mrs. Frantz will be contacting anyone who will be re-located. There will still be a limited number of visitor and handicapped parking spaces in the front. Look for temporary signage.
- Traffic pattern in front of the school – The drop-off and pick-up of students will continue to take place in the front of the school. The traffic flow will continue to be “one-way” around the school building. However, the current 2-lane route directly in front of the school will be re-located to a new 2-lane route that parallels the fence of the baseball fields. The new route will be marked by signs and construction barrels. Look for the temporary signage. MAP: Click here to view the new traffic pattern.
- Effective Date – The changes indicated above will take effect on April 10 and continue through June 9.
- Inaccessible Main Entrance – Starting May 2, 2017, the Main Entrance will be fenced off and no longer accessible before, during, or after school. Please make a note of these temporary changes, which are in place for everyone’s safety until further notice:
- TEMPORARY ENTRANCE: Students and visitors who normally use the Main Entrance are asked to use the door at the end of Senior Hallway (at the east end of the building) in the morning and during the school day.
- If students are late, they can enter the door at the end of Senior Hallway, where a hall monitor will be present. (The door will be locked. If you knock and a teacher does not answer, call 440.845.2444.)
- If students need to leave school early, they can check out with the Attendance Office staff and then exit the building by using one of our back or side entrances.
- If someone needs disability access, please try to call ahead, so we can make accommodations.
5. Summer parking & building access – Safe and secure access to the school through the front entrance will be maintained until the end of the school year. During the summer, construction will block access to the front entrance. Details about summer parking and access to the building will be communicated to you in early June.