The Padua Grand Raffle 2017 is underway. Our hope is to give away $100,000 to the holder of the winning ticket! The Padua student listed as the seller of that ticket will receive $17,000! We will pick the winner on April 20th during a special student assembly!
Each ticket costs $100 for a chance to win up to $100,000! Our goal is to sell only 2,500 tickets. When we sell 2,000 tickets, the grand prize of $100,000 will be guaranteed! In the unlikely event that we should sell less than 2,000 tickets, the prize will be an incredibly large 50-50 split.
The selling of tickets is for a limited time starting March 10th and ending on April 19th.
- As a student incentive, if the Seniors sell 500 tickets by April 19th, they will earn a free-day on Monday, May 15 (the Monday after prom).
- If the rest of the student body sells the additional tickets to reach our goal of 2,000 by April 19th, they will earn a free-day on May 30th, the Tuesday after Memorial Day, to celebrate our success.
- Any family who sells all four tickets by noon of April 3rd, we will enter your name in a special drawing to win a $2,500 cash prize. An additional chance to win this $2,500 prize will be given for every 4 tickets sold.
Padua Raffle FAQ’s 2017
How much is a Padua Franciscan High School Raffle ticket?
What form of payment is accepted?
- Payment can be by cash, check or credit card. Checks must be made payable to Padua Franciscan High School. If multiple people are sharing the cost of one ticket, those people are permitted to submit individual checks to the seller, made out to Padua Franciscan High School. Credit card payments can be made by phone or in person in the Padua Business Office.
How many people can purchase one ticket?
- A maximum of five people may go in on the purchase of one ticket. The prize money is divided according to the way the ticket price is shared. (For example, if five people purchase/share one ticket at $20 each, they will each receive 1/5 of the total prize.) Please write all purchasers’ names on the ticket. (Use the back of the ticket if necessary.)
What are the prizes?
- The purchaser can win up to $100,000 as long as at least 2,000 tickets are sold. (If less than 2,000 tickets are sold, the cash prize will be half of the revenue.)
- The Padua student selling the winning ticket will win $17,000.
- Note: If a ticket is returned without listing a current Padua student as the seller, and that ticket is selected as the Grand Prize winner, the $17,000 prize will be awarded to the next ticket drawn with a legitimate seller listed.
What does the raffle benefit?
- The money helps to further the education of all Padua students, including everything from curriculum and financial aid to building improvements and transportation.
When are tickets available?
- Tickets can be purchased starting Monday, March 13, 2017 through Wednesday, April 19, 2017 at 3 p.m.
How can I get a ticket?
- Contact a current Padua student. Each Padua family received four tickets. Families who sell all four tickets and would like additional tickets can get them in the General Office. (The name of a current Padua student must be filled in as the “seller” on the ticket.
When is the drawing?
- Thursday, April 20, 2017. There will be a special assembly between 10th and 11th period.
Do you need to be present to win the prize?
- No, winners (of the Grand Prize or the Seller’s Prize of $17,000) need not be present. Winners who are not present will be notified by phone.
Are there incentives to sell the tickets?
- Each Padua family which sells four tickets or more by 3 p.m. April 3, 2017 will be entered into a drawing for $2,500. For every four tickets sold, an early-bird ticket will be entered into the drawing. (For example, a family which sells 8 tickets will have 2 early-bird tickets in the drawing for $2,500; a family which sells 12 tickets will have 3 early-bird tickets in the drawing for $2,500; and so on.)
- If we sell 2,000 tickets by April 10, 2017, we will have a day off school (on May 30, 2017).
Is it mandatory to sell the tickets?
- No. Students who cannot sell the tickets can return them to the General Office.
What are the odds of winning the grand prize?
- The odds of winning are 1 in 2,500 if all tickets are sold.
What if less than 2,000 tickets are sold?
- If 2,000 raffle tickets are not sold by April 19 at 3 p.m., the raffle reverts to a 50/50 drawing with one ticket winning the grand prize of 50 percent of all proceeds collected.
Is there an age requirement to purchase a ticket?
- Yes. Ohio law requires that each purchaser is at least 18 years old. Therefore, students under age 18 should have a parent/guardian involved in the ticket purchase.
If I win, do I have to pay taxes on the amount?
- Yes, you will have to claim the amount you win on your taxes as income.
Is my purchase of a ticket considered a gift to Padua for tax purposes?
- No. Games of chance are not considered charitable contributions for tax purposes. Therefore, purchasers will not receive a tax receipt from Padua.
Where do students hand in tickets and cash/checks?
- Students must put tickets and cash/checks in a sealed envelope and return it to the General Office by April 19, 2017 at 3 p.m. No tickets will be accepted after that time, so it is imperative that students turn in any tickets sold by this deadline.