Position: Custodian (Part time – weekends)
Reports to: Director of Building and Grounds Maintenance
Position Purpose: In conjunction with the Director of Building and Grounds Maintenance and staff, ensures a safe, clean and healthy environment at Padua Franciscan High School.
Responsibilities: Performs general cleaning and minor maintenance duties in maintaining Padua building, adjacent walks and grounds, and equipment in clean, orderly and functional condition. Provides assistance to staff, visitors and other employees as necessary. Performs duties in a manner that is consistent with the mission and philosophy of Padua Franciscan High School.
- Open building and conduct a manual inspection of the building to ensure proper functioning of boiler, lighting, AC, etc.
- Ensure that all entries are safe for students and staff. Remove debris or snow from all entries as necessary.
- Visually inspect all restrooms for water issues, stock paper products and ensure proper operation of fixtures (faucets, urinals, toilets, drains).
- Respond in a timely and appropriate manner to all emergency situations (wet vestibules, stairwells, graffiti, etc.).
- Is available (by radio) to assist occupants of the building during activities and events in the building.
- Provide janitorial services and routine cleaning of the facility, especially for special events. This may include set up and tear down of designated areas for event (moving tables and chairs, etc.).
- Supervise maintenance staff and volunteers doing janitorial service and special event set up and tear down.
- Undertake minor plumbing and mechanical repairs to respond immediate needs. Calls Director of Building and Grounds Maintenance for repairs beyond his competence.
- Lock and secure building upon departure.
- Note: The above description is illustrative of tasks and responsibilities. It is not intended to include every task or responsibility which may be required.
- Have a minimum of 2 years’ experience in janitorial services and minor maintenance repairs.
- Have a strong work ethic and be able to work independently.
- Able to determine gravity of problems.
- Pleasant personality and able to be welcoming to other staff and visitors.
- Franciscan spirituality
- Strong communication skills
- Have a high school education.
- Meet verification of standards including cleared background checks (BCI and FBI). Complete Virtus training.
Interested applicants should email Executive Vice President Steve Suding at firstname.lastname@example.org.