Padua Franciscan utilizes MyPad, an admissions portal for 8th graders and transfer students. Students who are applying to Padua will be assigned an Admissions Progress checklist to help keep them on track.
If your student is applying to transfer to Padua, please see the Transfer Admissions Process.
The Admissions Process is simple with MyPad:
- Create a MyPad account by clicking here to complete an Inquiry Form. If you already have a MyPad account, click here to login.
- After receiving your username, go to the Padua website and click the MyPad link, which is found under the Students or Parents tab. NOTE: If you already have (or had) a student at Padua that utilizes MyPad, you will not receive a new username. You will log in as you would for the older student, and in the top left corner of the page you will be able to choose which student profile you are viewing.
- To be considered for Admission to Padua, you must:
- Complete the Application Form in MyPad (all students coming from both Catholic and non-Catholic schools must complete the Application Form in MyPad).
- Send grade school records to Padua (report cards and records from 6th, 7th and 8th grade). If your student is coming from non-Catholic school: Complete the STUDENT RECORD REQUEST FORM and give it to your child’s school and they will send the records to Padua. If your 8th grader attends a Catholic school, the school will send us the transcripts in January through Digital Academy.
- Register and take the High School Placement Test (HSPT) at Padua (8th graders only).
- We also highly recommend you consider the following opportunities:
- Be a Bruin for a day and visit Padua.
- Attend Open House.
- Attend other events at Padua. All grade school students get in free to home sporting events.
With your MyPad account you can use any device to login. Questions about MyPad? Click here!
Beginning January 2024, Application forms for 8th graders will be:
- Available in Digital Academy to all 8th grade students attending Catholic elementary schools.
- Non-Catholic school students and Catholic school students should complete the Application Form in the MyPad admissions progress checklist.
Padua Franciscan High School is a college-preparatory high school that serves students who have the ability and desire to achieve a post-secondary education. Students are accepted primarily on their ability to do satisfactory work in a college prep curriculum and to function within our guidelines and policies.
The following items are evaluated during the admissions process to determine a student’s ability to succeed at Padua: the entire grade school record (with emphasis on 6th, 7th and 8th grade achievement), conduct, effort, attendance, standardized tests taken on the elementary level, teacher recommendation forms and performance on the High School Placement Test.
Padua Franciscan admits students of any race, color, and national or ethnic origin.
Learning Support Services Program Admissions Policy
The purpose of the Padua Franciscan High School Learning Support Services (LSS) Program is to educate students to achieve their maximum potential, increase the students’ opportunities for success and to prepare for ongoing educational experiences, including post-secondary education.
Along with the Admissions Policy listed in the section above, students seeking admission into the Learning Support Services Program need to provide a current copy of their Individual Education Plan (IEP) and Evaluation Team Report (ETR) or 504/Accommodation Plan prior to applying for admission. Additionally, any student applying to the LSS Program will be observed at their school by Padua personnel.
If your student is interested in applying to Padua, please email, fax or mail a copy of your son/daughter’s current IEP and ETR documentation (from 7th or 8th grade) to Katie Martin, Director of Admissions, at firstname.lastname@example.org. Padua will review the paperwork and let you know if we can meet your child’s needs.
If Padua has the services available to meet a student’s needs and it is determined that a student has the ability to be successful in our college-prep curriculum, it is our policy for Padua personnel to observe applicants with an IEP and ETR or a 504/SEGO/Accommodation Plan at their school and when they visit (shadow) at Padua. Please complete and return the Student Observation Authorization Form.
For more information about Padua’s admissions procedure, contact:
Mrs. Katie Martin ’08
Director of Admissions
440.845.2444 x 123
Mrs. Shannon Sidon
Assistant Director of Admissions
440.845.2444 x 129
Mrs. Ann Marie Frattare ’94
Vice President of Enrollment
440.845.2444 x 184
Mrs. Elizabeth Oles Smith
Director of International & Foreign Exchange Program
440.845.2444 x 114