Thank you for your interest in Padua Franciscan’s MedTrack program. Please follow these steps to be considered for admission to MedTrack:
- Apply to Padua Franciscan High School by January. You must complete Padua’s online application using MyPad (all students) AND select Padua as your first choice school on the Diocesan application (Catholic school students only) in order to be fully considered. Refer to Padua’s admissions website for additional details.
- Register for and take the Padua Placement Test. Refer to Padua’s admissions website for additional details regarding dates and registration. In general, students who score in the 70th percentile or higher on the placement test and who achieve an A- average in 7th and 8th grade science and math will be stronger candidates for admission. However, these are neither minimum requirements nor guarantees of admission. All qualified candidates’ applications will receive full consideration.
- Request input letters from your 8th grade Science and Math teachers specifically about MedTrack. To do this, log into your MyPad account and access your checklist. Toward the bottom, you will see two steps that start with the words “MedTrack ONLY”, one for Science and one for Math. You should request these letters by January 15 so that your teachers can complete them by January 31.
- NOTE: There is no longer a separate application for MedTrack, effective Fall 2018. You will be a part of the applicant pool, which the MedTrack Admissions Committee will evaluate beginning on February 1, only after BOTH input letters have been received.
- If you have the same teacher for both Science and Math, she or he may write a single letter, but should upload the file twice (once under the Science Input step and once under the Math Input step).
- The MedTrack Admissions Committee will also consider late input letters to the extent space is available.
- You will receive a decision about admission to Padua in mid-February. You will generally receive a decision about admission to MedTrack usually within a few days after the Padua decision letter. Note that the Padua letter and the MedTrack letter arrive separately.
If you have any questions, please contact Mrs. Laurie Keco Grabowski ’89, Director of MedTrack, at 440-845-2444 x171 or email@example.com.