CFO 2023 (Please see details about CFO)
2nd Place – SOPHOMORES: $148.25 ($215.25 in coins with $67 in bills against you)
The BEST news of all: we broke $1000 with TWO days to go until our finale raffle. Today’s haul brings our grand total to $1345.92!
IMPORTANT PARENT SURVEY
Padua needs your input as we begin our next cycle of school improvement. In 1994, the Bishops of Ohio formed the Ohio Catholic School Accrediting Association (OCSAA). The OCSAA is a collaborative undertaking of the Catholic dioceses in Ohio and is governed by the Superintendents of Schools who serve as the OCSAA Commission. The purpose of the OCSAA is to strengthen Catholic school identity and mission and to engage Catholic schools in the ongoing improvement of student learning.
Padua is currently in the self-study portion of the Ohio Catholic schools accreditation process. In addition to faculty and student input, we also need the input of our parent(s) and guardian(s). Please take a moment to complete this survey so that we may gather important information that will help us decide the areas we need to focus on for our next school improvement cycle. If you have any additional questions or concerns, please email Vice Principal Elizabeth Smith at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Thank you in advance for your continued support.
JUNIOR RING CEREMONY
On Friday, December 8, 2023, we will celebrate our Juniors at our all school mass. December 8th is the Feast of the Immaculate Conception and it is during this liturgy that we also celebrate our Junior Class Ring Ceremony. All Juniors will be recognized and receive a memento. After Mass, you are invited to join your student at a reception in the cafeteria. Mass on December 8th is scheduled to begin at 8:00am. If you have any questions, please reach out to Mr. Seth Jennrich or Mrs. Rebecca Simna.
Junior Class Dress Code for Junior Ring Ceremony
- Dress shirt, Dress pants, and tie REQUIRED; Suit or Sport Coat RECOMMENDED.
- All other Padua dress codes for hair and grooming apply.
- Skirt and blouse, dress, or blouse and dress slacks
- No exposed midriffs
- No spaghetti straps or sleeveless shirts
- No flip-flop type shoes. This includes changing into flip-flops after the ceremony.
- The length of your skirt/dress must be longer than the reach of your fingertips to your thighs. If your outfit does not comply, you will be asked to wear tights provided by the school.
- Watch the height of your shoes. Not only are these the shoes in which you will walk down the center of the gym, but these are also the shoes you will wear for the duration of the school day.
Boys and Girls
- Athletic shoes of any kind are not appropriate, this includes chucks and vans.
Class of 2024
The College Counselors have received notification from College Now of Greater Cleveland that the FASFA will open for completion on December 31, 2024. Please see the message below from College Now of Greater Cleveland:
Only a few weeks left in 2023! If you haven’t yet, now’s the time to ensure your finances for college are in order. Go to fafsa.gov and create your FSA ID to help you unlock federal financial aid. The FAFSA will open on 12/31/2023 and College Now will be here to help you in the New Year. If you still need to create a FSA ID you still have time. Log on to:
Class of 2026 and 2027
Mrs. Capone is on maternity leave until February 2024. Please use the contact information below to access a counselor in her absence:
Class of 2027 – Mr. Shuman. He can be reached at email@example.com or at (440)845-2444 x124
Class of 2026 – Mrs. Byrnes. Sne can be reached at firstname.lastname@example.org or at (440)845-2444 x126
All EdChoice Expansion applications submitted to Padua have been uploaded to the online portal. You should have received a conditional approval letter in the mail, and you should see your student’s status as “Submitted” or “Awarded” in the Scholarship App online portal. Although the letters say the applications will be reviewed within 14 days, it appears to take about 4-6 weeks from the date of submission before scholarships begin to be awarded. Also, remember that the income verification process must be completed online by parents in order for a scholarship to be awarded. This is outlined in the conditional approval letter.
If you do not see your child’s application status as Submitted or Awarded in the application portal, there may be additional or missing documents that need to be submitted to Padua. Please contact Katie Gardner (email@example.com).
IF YOU HAVE NOT SUBMITTED AN EDCHOICE EXPANSION APPLICATION:
The deadline for schools to upload applications is quickly approaching. Please contact Katie Gardner (firstname.lastname@example.org) to submit your application ASAP!
Please see the EdChoice Scholarship Program page on our website with any additional questions. Many FAQs are updated frequently on this page.
COMMUNICATION FROM THIRD PARTY SERVICE PROVIDERS
Families may receive important emails and text messages from additional service providers. Please open/read communications from the following:
- Tuition billing and payments are managed through Blackbaud Tuition Management (email@example.com)
- Financial Aid applications are managed through FACTS Grant & Aid (@factsmgt.com)
TRANSPORTATION FOR STUDENTS IN THE CLEVELAND METROPOLITAN SCHOOL DISTRICT
Students residing in the Cleveland Metropolitan School District are eligible to receive transportation to and from school via RTA. Eligible families have received a “CMSD Transportation Parental Consent Form” through MyPad. If you want a student bus pass for the 2023/24 school year, complete and submit the form through your MyPad login. Please contact the Business Office with any questions.
Mr. Dziedzicki will be the Administrative Team Representative at this year’s Parent’s Club Meetings. Meetings will run from 6:00pm-7:00pm and will take place in the newly renovated MyTrack Business Center (Room 227).
First Semester Meeting Schedule
- Monday, December 11
- Monday, January 8
We have received a few phone calls regarding Padua’s response to students who test positive for COVID-19 and so I wanted to share this information with you. In the event that a student tests positive for COVID-19, Padua will continue to follow the recommendations of the Center for Disease Control. The provided link has directions and a calculator for isolation and return, as well as recommendations for masking. If you have specific questions regarding how to follow these recommendations, or if you are looking for clarity regarding the recommendations, please reach out to our school nurse, Kathy Vavrek, firstname.lastname@example.org.
DRIVING AND CAMPUS SAFETY REMINDERS
Thank you to all parents and students for a successful and safe start to our school year. Each morning and afternoon we have very near 1,000 vehicles entering/exiting our campus. With additional volume of Saint Anthony School returning to school on Tuesday, it is imperative to continue to adhere to Padua’s driving and safety procedures. These reminders were sent to Padua students last week.
- Speed is not to exceed 15 mph while on school property (Padua or St. Anthony) at any time.
- Exiting and entering via St. Anthony driveways is not allowed. Entrance to and exit from the premises is to be made by means of the main driveway to State Road, Riester Street, or Forest Hills.
- The front driveway is a one-way road, from east to west, at all times.
- The right lane is the student drop off lane. Please drop off students anywhere along the sidewalk.
- The left lane will now be for through traffic only. Please do not drop students off from the left lane.
- It is a serious responsibility to drive on the properties of Padua and St. Anthony because of elementary and high school student pedestrians. Everyone is expected to drive slowly and with caution. Failure to comply with parking and driving rules/policies may result in disciplinary measures including detentions, parking fines, and/or removal of parking privileges. All parking/driving protocols can be found on pages 52-53 of the Parent/Student Handbook.
In addition, we received a message from the Parma Department of Safety this morning with the following traffic reminders
- If departing via State Rd.
- Right turns on a red light are prohibited until the posted time.
- Turning in either direction, you are still in an active school zone (20mph) until the posted end time. (about 3:15)
- Traffic cameras may be present to enforce both traffic laws.
- If departing down the back hill, Orchard Park Dr.
- This is a target enforcement area. (25mph)
A MESSAGE FROM THE NORTH ROYALTON DEPARTMENT OF TRANSPORTATION
Below are the dates for the 2023-2024 school year when ONLY the NR Transfer Bus will run:
- Monday, December 18 – Wednesday, December 20, 2023
- Friday, January 12, 2024
- Friday, March 22, 2024
- Tuesday, April 2 – Friday, April 5, 2024
- Monday, April 8, 2024
On the above days, students must find their own transportation to and from North Royalton High School to utilize the Transfer Bus.
Please communicate this information to your parents so they are informed early on.
Let me know if you have any questions!
Thanks so much!
Department of Transportation
North Royalton City Schools
6579 Royalton Road
North Royalton, Ohio 44133
440-582-9051 440-582-9138 fax