Padua MedTrack students are given the unique opportunity to interact with healthcare professionals in a real-world healthcare setting. During the summer between their sophomore and junior year, students complete MedTrack Externships, which involve clinical observation in the healthcare field of their choice. This year the Externship included the Externship Workshop (ExternSHOP) at Padua in June, along with a public health component. They explored careers from orthopedic surgery to genetics research, pediatrics to physical therapy, interventional radiology to emergency medicine, and everything in between. Due to the pandemic, the Class of 2022 also completed their Externships this past summer.
Students competed for awards at the MedTrack Externship Fair on Sunday, September, 19, 2021.
Class of 2023 Award Winners
- Top 3 Speaker (Presented): Rachel Goebel
- Top 3 Speaker: Alex Quang
- Top 3 Speaker: Elizabeth Shuman
- Best Research Paper: Jocelyn Horvath
- Best Reflection Paper: Gianna Gulasey
- Best Poster: Leah Goebel
- Judges’ Award for Franciscan Connection (tie): Jenna Jahami & Ava Ward
Class of 2022 Award Winners
- Top 3 Speaker (Presented): Greg Wasil
- Top 3 Speaker: Kyrillos Mikhail
- Top 3 Speaker: Ashley Rasch
- Best Research Paper: Cynthia Driscoll
- Best Reflection Paper: Joe Ahmann
- Best Poster: Mark Roman
- Judges’ Award for Franciscan Connection: Olivia Piwowar
We congratulate all MedTrack juniors and seniors for their hard work in completing these transformative Externship experiences in various science and healthcare fields.