The primary purpose of the Elementary Instrumental Music Program is to develop the musical and instrumental abilities of participating students. The program also aims to enrich students’ cultural and stylistic awareness through exposure to music. Students will be provided the opportunity to perform at concerts and festivals during the school year.
Orchestra is offered to students in grades 4-8 and band to students in grades 5-8. Participating schools include St. Anthony of Padua, St. Columbkille School, St. Charles Borromeo, and Incarnate Word Academy.
What is Included
- Weekly small group or private lessons
- Instruction during the school day
- Music method book
- Music Making Memories!
Benefits of Instrumental Music Instruction
- A sense of achievement
- Emotional development
- Creative thinking
- Improved test scores
- Intellectual curiosity
* content from the National Association for Music Education
Documents & Forms
- Elementary Instrumental Music Program Handbook 2020-21
- Program Payment Policy 2020-21
- Solo & Ensemble Event Info